User Assisted Orders
storeConnect® allows you to specify which staff member assisted with the order and adds this to the Order record. When this feature is enabled, a dropdown will appear at the checkout where the customer can also select who assisted them with their order.
How to Enable User Assisted Orders
By adding the ‘Order Assisted by User’ field to the Orders page layout, you can immediately add assistants to orders by selecting any active Salesforce user using the lookup field.
To make the feature available on the store checkout, do the following steps:
- Add the ‘Assisted By Name’ field to the Users page layout
- Enter in this field the name you want to appear in the checkout dropdown (Only do this for the users you want to appear in this dropdown)
You can also add non-Salesforce Users by creating new User records in Salesforce
- Create a new user
- Assign them a Chatter Free Licence
- Assign Them the Chatter Free User profile
- Make sure Active =
- Add a name to the Assisted By Name field
- Save the user record
Back to Documentation