Setting Up storeConnect Emails
An automated email can be sent out to your customers when they complete a checkout and emails can also be sent at different stages throughout the order process, for example, your customer could be sent another automated email when their order status has been upgraded to ‘Shipped’.
storeConnect® makes use of Salesforce’s built in Organization-Wide Addresses feature and this will need to be configured for your store.
This is how you do it:
- From the storeConnect Config app, go to the Stores object
- Choose the store you are setting up
- Enter your chosen email address in the ‘Mail From Address’ field
- Setup an Organization-Wide Address with this same email address and make sure it is assigned to the System Administrator profile (or the profile used by the storeConnect Authorisation user).
- If setting up a new email address in Organization-Wide Addresses, you will need to verify the email address so look out for your verification email.
Until an email address is specified for the store, your customers will receive their emails from the email address of your storeConnect Authorisation User and if they reply to that email, you may not receive it.
If you fail to verify your Organization-Wide Address, when a Checkout Step or Order Status is changed that triggers an email to be sent, an error can occur which stops the email going out due to the email address not being verified. Because of the error, Salesforce may then roll back the field change also.
Customer Access Emails
Your customers can create their own account for your online store for the purpose of checking on the progress of their order and seeing their order history. An automated confirmation email will be sent to them when they create their account and storeConnect will send your customers a reset password email if they have forgotten (or never set) their password and attempt to log in and click the “Forgot Password” link.
You can create your own email templates for these emails if you choose but storeConnect comes with default templates that you can use. These should already setup and ready to go but if you ever need them, we have listed them below. If you create your own template, grab its API Name and put it in the appropriate field in place of the default.
|Field Name||Default Template API Name|
|Confirmation Email Template||TEMPLATE_Contact_Confirm_Registration|
|Reset Password Email Template||TEMPLATE_Contact_Password_Reset|
storeConnect comes with a powerful transactional email system allowing you to define when various emails are sent from the platform. storeConnect comes with a default configuration that you can use but if you want to customise it, see Transactional Emails for more information on this.
The following could be of interest to you when preparing to send emails from Salesforce:
- Sender Policy Framework and Salesforce SPF Records
- Create a DKIM Key
- Improve Deliverability of Emails Sent from Salesforce
- Enable Email Relay
Back to Documentation