Adding Media to Products
storeConnect® supports many types of media, all served via our world wide CDN.
For instructions on uploading your product media, see Uploading Media.
- From the product record, go to its Related Records
- Find the ‘Media used by this Product’ Section and click ‘New’
- Search and Select the Media record you want to add to the product
- The product field will already be populated with the current product you are working with
- Set Position (optional to determine the sort order when a product has multiple media to display)
- Click ‘Save’
Tip: When using Position, increment by 10. That way, if you decide to slip an image in-between two others later on, you will have room to do so without having to re-number all following records.
Bulk Uploading Media
For instructions on bulk uploading your product media, see Uploading Media.
After uploading all of your media, you will need to create the relationship between the media items and their respective products. You can relate a single product to multiple media items. You can also relate a single media item to multiple products. This is done by creating a record for each relationship in the
- Media - Media record ID
- Product - Product record ID
- Position - Integer to determine the sort order when a product has multiple media items
Using Media with Product Variants
When using Product Variants, you have a master product that then has numerous variant products. The master and the variants are all individual products in the Product object. You can either relate your media to the master product, the variant products or both.
Here is an example of how it works in the store:
If the master product doesn’t have any images it will display the images of variants in the order specified by the Position field.
If the variants don’t have images, only the master product images will be seen.
If the master and variants each have images, the master products images show first, followed by the variants.
For each variant that has its own image, that image will display when that variant is selected in the store.
Back to Documentation